Everyone’s inbox is overwhelmed with holiday emails during this time of year. How can you make your emails stand out from other content and promotions? Here are a few email marketing tips for the holiday season:
What to include in email content:
1. Make your offers and promotions shareable on social media. Your holiday emails most likely contain some of your best promotions of the year. Make it easy for your subscribers to share your offers.
2. Include festive content and copy. Visually engaging emails are a must, especially at this time of the year, when there is so much competition in user inboxes. Take the time to have some fun with this and show your subscribers what your brand is all about.
3. Tell a story – include bite-sized information that adds value – don’t just sell, stand out and make your brand stand out. Send a holiday card because you value your subscribers’ business.
Don’t forget to test
Just because it’s the holiday season doesn’t mean we should take shortcuts. Remember
your subject line tests – which of the following styles do your subscribers respond to? Casual, promotional, laid back, conversational or informative?
How to email during the holidays?
1. Segment your list and be more aggressive with your most active/engaged customers. This doesn’t necessarily mean to just keep pushing them more sales and promotions though. Think about tying this into loyalty programs or social share contests. These are your most active subscribers, so this is a good opportunity for them to be your biggest advocates.
2. When do you normally send your emails? During this especially busy time of year, consider sending on weekends, late at night or early in the morning. Simply showing up during off peak-times might help your message stand out during this time of year.
Want to learn more? Get in touch.